Monday 1 August 2016

Self Pity Party - Week 2

Ok, ok so it's a little late again. It'll be time for a celebration when I actually get it up on time consistently. Got a good selection this week, some serious tear jerkers. So let's get on with it, less talk more.....uuhhh Rokk?


That was Nicki Minaj feat Skylar Grey with "Bed of Lies". I think this might be the only song of Nicki Minaj's that I actually like, and i really like it. It's a nice easy start to the playlist today. Fun fact about this song, it was debuted in Glasgow for the MTV EMAs.


That was Joshua Radin with "Star Mile". I've loved this song since I first heard it, I loved it so much I have the lyrics stuck to the wall of my bedroom at my mum's house. I think I was first introduced to him with the song Winter used on *that* episode of scrubs with Brendan Fraser. Yeah if you know scrubs you know exactly which one i mean. "Where do you think we are?". Now that is a sad scene done well.




Wow that song just ruins me, that was Labrinth with "Jealous". I first heard this played by Annie Mac and she said its one of the few songs to make her cry I the car and i totally see why. Written about his father, when recording the video he was asked to sit and try to summon up the feelings and thoughts he had while writing it, which he said was a very hard thing to have to do. Probably why he looks so very emotional during the video. Well done that director, I think.


I Don't Wanna See You With Her by Maria Mena. I only came across this song a couple days ago. We've all had that awkward situation where we come across an ex with their new partner and they are happy. And we are not. You just wish the ground with open up, it doesn't. Or that they wouldn't see you, they do. This song just sums all that feeling up for me.



Blue October with Hate Me. I came across this band on the American Pie soundtrack and had to order their album due to the strength of the song Calling You. This was a long time ago when you only did online shopping if you really, desperately wanted something and were willing to risk it not arriving any time soon. I needed that album and it didn't disappoint. This song is an answer to Calling You, the lyrics dealing with his drug addiction and depression that damaged the relationship with the girl he was so in love with in Calling You.


So that's that for this week. I hope you liked the choices and they helped people get a bit of a release. I'll see you all next week, hopefully i'll actually get the post up in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment